Sunday, July 29, 2012

From Home to Here

Ok, using an iPad app for all posts this year, so no captions or narrative around the photos. Instead, I'll be dumping photos in fairly random order with an update for the day.

The flight was wonderful, of course. The perk of flying through London was that we made the connection to Nice with the newly crowned Gold Medalist in the Road Race, Vino himself.

You know we are back in a cycling country as well since the airport had a space set aside for bicycle assembly and repair. After a nice little car ride through town, we arrived at our hotel right on the beach. While we are exhausted, we couldn't pass up a nice dinner of fresh fish from the Med and a little wine from up the road. Of course, dinner was on a terrace with a canopy of lemon trees above us and the uniquely blue ocean rolling in below us.

Tomorrow is exploring the old city and swimming in the ocean. Love to all at home. Wish you were here! Night, night.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I am so happy you are already blogging. Sounds like you are off to a magnificent start. Meeting the man himself, first class accommodations, room on the water, fresh food and vino, beautiful scenery! Gunther looks like he is the head of the 'family', which of course he is! You all look great, even though I know you are totally exhausted. The I-Pad is doing a great job thus far. Wishing you many days of great biking! Looking forward to updates over the coming days. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Can't believe you met the gold medalist! He looks so nice!
    And the hotel looks amazing!! Enjoy, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I was out and about I got a text from Annie that you had already blogged. I couldn't get home fast enough! The pictures are amazing and I love that you got to meet Alexander Vinokourov! Of course, the timing was just right...him winning the Olympic gold! The pictures of the town and the amazing views from your hotel are awesome! So glad that the I-Pad is working out. Thank you for taking the time to send us the "French" updates!

    ReplyDelete