Sunday, August 5, 2012

Photo catch up, or Hard day but ok

I haven't been able to get B and Mark's photos up the last couple days, so I'm catching up for a few days, plus picking up today.

Today was one of our longer days, and had a lot of total climbing in it, although it was spread for most of the day. We ended with a short but unbelievably steep climb, with a long descent to the hotel. Neil and I did it in the rain with a marvelous lightning storm playing out in the mountains, but somehow everyone else came through nice and dry.

Fun fact for the day's ride, we climbed Europe's largest dam. We also took the same road as we did on the first France trip. I tried to take a near identical photo of lavender fields across a lake as I posted then.

I had a little incident with a blue Renault, but everything is ok and I'm ready to go tomorrow. Nothing to worry about.

I need some rest, but sending all my love home.

2 comments:

  1. More great pics. The lightning would have scared me so glad you made it through okay. Weird that it only affected the two of you. I love the chocolates picture. Hoping that no one drinks out of that fountain that someone is rinsing their hair in-hah! Also love the clear blue water in what seems a basin or levy. Watch out for little blue Renaults!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An "incident" with a Renault?? You mean you got hit by a car! Good grief...glad you are ok and I didn't notice any bandages on you! Awesome pictures again and everyone looks so good! Nothing like dunking your head in a fountain to cool off in the hot temps! Miss all of you!!

    ReplyDelete