Sunday, August 28, 2016

Warm up day

Today was the first day on the bike, and the first day the full group was together. Great to see old friends, and we have two new people joining for the week - one from the States and one from Australia. I slacked on the photos today, will get on it tomorrow.

We are still in Aix today, setting out for the country and mountains tomorrow. The new hotel is nice . .  . and interesting. I'm not sure what is going on with the door to my room's bathroom - you decide for yourself.


Next door might provide a little hint!


It is actually a really nice place, right next to the Cors Mirabeau in the old town. It is decorated in a 20s art deco style, and the dinner at the hotel restaurant was pretty good!





Cold zucchini soup with crab . . .


Some steak and potatoes for the entre . . . 


And a petite cafe with chocolate to end the night.


More photos to come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good day to me! Some riding, great meal and reuniting with old friends......get some good sleep and be careful on the ride tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh cool art deco hotel, so fun! I don't know if cold zucchini soup is my favorite but I bet after a hot day it tasted good! And I agree with Grammy, ride safe!!

    ReplyDelete