Friday, June 29, 2018

Hello Geneva!






A little bit of a bumpy flight, including my bike still being somewhere in the depths of Charles de Gaulle Airport, but bright blue skies and a gentle sunshine welcomed me back to Geneva. Some recovery time and unpacking in the hotel, then out for fresh air and exploration. The hotel is just across the Lake from the old part of the city, so I don't have to go far to appreciate the beautiful archetecture and parks - also close to the high end boutiques, so don't have to go far to add nice things to my imaginary lottery shopping list.



At the Park of the Alpes . . .Then to Jardin Anglais





Then into the ancient city



A street in the ancient part of the city, shops and homes still make up all these buildings. And all the ornamentation on the doors, windows, facades. You could walk these streets for years and still see things for the first time.














Coming back toward the lake out of the ancient city district, blending historic and new.






 I should have something clever to say about this one, but I'm just a little too tired now.

About 5 years ago or so, we were here and had the best fresh fish from the Lake with a big pile of fries and a nice glass of rose. So good, in fact, it was time to hunt out the restaurant. Good thing the Lake still has little perch swimming around in it!


More to come throughout the week. Love to everyone at home.

3 comments:

  1. I’ll try again but my first comment got lost in the web! Beautiful pics and so sorry about the bike!
    Look forward to seeing more on the blog! Between you and Becky we will have the best views of the beautiful cities and small towns that you ride through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn I just wrote a nice long comment and like Mary said, it is nowhere to be found. Technology! I love you are back with your blog postings. With you and B, we will be well informed. Hope the bike is found and you are on to meet your peeps. Safe travels my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Blue skies and tasty perch. Now all you need is your bike!

    ReplyDelete