(pre-flight champagne)
(Dinner menu)
And, don't forget about the sweets! As I woke up in the middle of the night, they offered me ice-cream as well. What luxury!
No time for Paris, but we got to see the Eiffel Tower anyway.
Geneve airport was a breeze, a quick bus ride to the hotel, and we are in Switzerland, the land of very serious people on the currency . . .
WELCOME TO GENEVE!!!
The City for lovers!
After settling into the hotel and fighting the urge to sleep, we made it downtown for a little dinner and exploring. All the places advertise "Non-Stop Resauration" whatever the heck that means. We are batting a thousand for exceptional food so far, though, because dinner was super yum!
This is the Perch caught daily from the Lake. Can't say I've had much Perch, but this was by far the best. The "frites" helped. So did the local wine.
They had me at "Creme Brule". How could I refuse. And, a little "Apple Pie". It wasn't Grandma's, that's for sure. But very delicious.
(Good enough for a sword fight with the spoons)
After dinner, a nice walk around Lake Geneve, and a stroll through the old city. As you would expect, everything was just beautiful and completely charming.
A little chocolate shop in the old city

You are off to a wonderful start! I agree - flying business class is truly a whole other world from economy, especially when you are on a plane for that long. Mr. Mark continues to definitely be the man! Love all the food displays, including the desserts. Yummy! The kid park looked like fun and good for you for taking the time to enjoy the moment. Everyone looks so happy. That in itself is a treasured memory. I communicate with Grammy Mary every day and she and Syd are already settled into a schedule that works best for them - well it works for Syd so that is the most important element this week. Hah!! I know she is loving every moment of it so as much as Mark may be the man, Mary is without a doubt the WOMAN!! You are all so blessed to have her in your lives but I know you already know that!! Her commitment will allow you to enjoy your beautiful trip to France. Continue to enjoy and thanks for the posts!! Love you guys - stay safe. Mr. Thom says hey!
ReplyDeleteLove the updates, Peter! Nothing quite like living vicariously through your family on a bike trip to Europe! The pics are fabulous, please keep the narrative going :)
ReplyDeleteI must admit, though, I have serious bike park feature envy. That bike roundabout looks like kid heaven! We need to find a source for those!
xoxo
~jake
Sydney is taking her nap and I jumped to the computer and hooray!! Peter has started blogging!I looked at everything three times and then again! It looks beautiful and even the plane has a French look about it!! Mmmmm fondue!! Can't wait to hear how the first day of bicycling goes! By the way, am loving the videos!! Love all of you!!
ReplyDelete