Sunday, September 3, 2017

Warming Up

First day of riding today, and we get to meet the full group. While in years past, we have joined up with old cycling friends, this year is almost entirely new. We have Kari from Finland, and the best guides around David and Susan. After that, a bunch of New Zealanders and one Brit. I forgot to get a group photo at dinner tonight, but will post one as soon as I can. In the meantime, we are at a beautiful old chateau for the hotel.





Nice view from the bedroom.
The hotel grounds are like a little park, with benches nestled in with flowers all over, a little fountain with fish, a really beautiful place.





The pool was tempting, but not enough time - and a little chill in the air. I packed a suit, so hopefully I'll get to use it later in the week!




We are here to ride anyway! So after some delays in getting bikes all set up, and everyone arriving at the hotel, it was time to open up the legs a bit. A short one, but it was good to get going again.

Bike, built up and relaxing by the pool.


You can tell we are getting into the Alps now if you just open your eyes,
if the biking up hill thing didn't give it away.

Some of the group rolling after gathering up at a turn.

What would these trips be without a few roadside castles?

And post ride Pastis?

A quick shower and change of clothes, and we are back together for a short walk to dinner. Not really the amazing meals we have had the last few days, but certainly good enough to keep us going for tomorrow - bid daddy of a day ending on top of Alp D'Huez.


Closest I have to a full group shot so far.

Beautiful church along our walk.

We will be headed up there during the week.....

Write it down. Buy it. Drink it.


3 comments:

  1. I wrote a whole commentary on this post and alas, Google has chosen to delete it. Ugh! Love the photos and looks forward to your future adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hotel looks so nice and the weather looks like it is cooperating now! Hope you had a good ride today as well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous place! Congratulations on finding the top of D'Huez! I'm writing this on Monday night here and I know you all conquered that beast! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and continued safe and fun riding!

    ReplyDelete