Sunday, September 3, 2017

We are very cultured

It was a rainy, wet day today. I took a little stroll through the town this morning before the rains came to make sure loved ones had presents when I got home, and stopped in the 13th Century church where we had dinner last night. Of course, I'm a sucker for these big garden squares in the middle of cities around here, so took some time to explore.








The bells of the church are rumored to have inspired the Grenoble-born writer, Stendhal.





I stumbled upon the Grenoble art museum yesterday, and it looked promising. Since the weather wasn't good for exploring, we all thought it would be a good place to spend the afternoon - it was a great call. The museum is stunning, spanning from Egyptian to modern. I'll leave you to enjoy  . . .

















































































































































Our art appreciation didn't end there - I give you this!

This little sheep is all over the town, poking out from the side of building walls.
No explanation needed!
No dinner pics tonight since sleep hit like a ton of bricks. Proof:

1 comment:

  1. Loved the awesome tour through the museum! Thank you!
    The pic of you and Beck "resting your eyes" at dinner really funny! Hope your body clock is slowly gettting back on France time!
    Safe ride for all!

    ReplyDelete