Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fondue? Fondon't!!

When in Switzerland, you don't buy watches or open a secret bank account, you eat a big pot of bubbling cheese!


Not just bread when you have the authentic stuff. Dried meats, pearl onions, cheese (yes, you dip hard cheese into bubbling cheese), and much much more.
The quote of the night, and perhaps the trip - "Hey, where's my Gherkin?" (stemming from the video below, watch for the falling pickle!). A close second was from Becky - "Everytime I get close to myself, I smell like cheese." It's deep, think about it.




Earlier in the day, it was super hot. We took a boat ride around the Lake and walked the old city some more. A little lucky strike to find this cold water fountain. As long as you see the sign "D'eau potable" go for it!

The little cafe Chien.

We stumbled upon an awesome park. So many families, and little kids running around. Old folks having a cafe in the shade, old dudes playing chess, college kids kissing in the grass.


And a fun little spin around the Lake. Very tempting to hop in, but even more tempting to day dream about living on the shore and taking out a sail boat every day.



(A view of the mountains to come!)



(A little jetty for swimming)
And tomorrow, the cycling begins!

3 comments:

  1. Well the cheese pot looks ominous! Not so sure eating that on a regular basis would keep you regular, if you know what I'm saying. I like the quote from B! You all look like you are having an awesome time. Once the cycling begins, oh boy!! Thanks for today's update! I do look forward to your posts! Safe riding! Love you guys, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Soooo glad I get to check in on you guys!! Looks like you're having fun. The fondu looks yummy!
    Miss you all! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right about now, I could use a pot of fondue! It looks yummy! Becky's quote is still making me laugh. Leave it to B to come up with a winner!
    Good luck on your first day. We are with you in spirit. Every time we see a biker Sydney says "daddy!"

    ReplyDelete