Friday, September 1, 2017

Here We Go Again!

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnd, we're off! Back to France for cycling adventures through the Alps. Back to some of our favorite roads and climbs. This is the route we did the first year we came. Leaving from Grenoble and ending in Provence with Mt. Ventoux.


But first we need to cross a continent and an ocean. Always someone who wants to join the group selfie. Thanks for being part of the picture random french guy - particularly like the blank stare. Flight was smooth, with a quick connection between Paris and Lyon. Air France always does it right! Finally saw the movie Girl on the Train. Super uplifting, take the kids!


Hotel is right in the middle of the old city - the view from my room's window. And the hotel treats you right . . . how about a glass a champagne when you arrive? Why yes, I think I will.


On display at the hotel bar is a collection of what I'm assuming is fine chartreuse. I'm game, but maybe not right after double digit hour air travel. But, tomorrow, my friend, tomorrow I will drink you.


We were reminded that dinner wouldn't be an option until at least 7:30 pm. So after a few hours of fighting off sleep and a little walk along the damp streets we sat down for our first meal of the trip.



Becky looks a little sleepy! 

My food pic effort needs a little work. I'll capture more on the rest of the trip. I managed to get our appetizer though. Meat, cheese, some more meat, and some more cheese. A little lettuce. And some cheese.

If you ever see this wine on the list. Buy it. Drink it. Thank me.
We barely made it back to the hotel awake. After passing out for a solid 12 hours, we awoke to a perfect breakfast. Let the calorie intake begin!!


Many more pics coming tomorrow. Grenoble is a beautiful old city, so plenty to see. Love to everyone at home, miss you all already.

5 comments:

  1. So impressed you were able to post pictures after that long flight and the body clock turned upside down! Beautiful pics and delicious looking food and wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start. The photo bomb on the plane was priceless. Your view - well lucky you! B does look tired but all of you look fabulous. Bless Mr. Mark for his good health and stamina! I always love seeing the food plates with their cheese and meat selection. The wine will be on my list should I come across it. So looking forward to your new adventures. Safe cycling my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and for some reason Google has decided to divert to using Thom's profile. No clue why so all these comments are actually coming from Grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the awesome update! Looks like a fabulous start to the trip! Can't wait to see more pics. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter, so great to see you enjoying France... the blog is a great idea. Looking forward to more.
    Best to you,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete